The Legal Team of John Dramani Mahama in the ongoing election petition, have filed yet again another motion at the Apex court demanding the Electoral Commission to provide them with original copies of the collated presidential results of the various constituencies.
This new development comes after the Supreme Court dismissed their interrogatories yesterday.
It is worthy to note that on Day 2 of the election petition hearing in the Supreme Court, lawyers of the former President were seeking leave of the Supreme Court to allow the electoral commission respond to answer 12 questions regarding the declaration of the presidential election results.
The facts relate to Jean Mensa’s declaration of election polls results on December 9.
However, a seven-member panel of the court presided over by the Chief Justice, Justice Kwasi Anin Yeboah dismissed the application saying: “Relevance of interlocutory by the petitioner has not been established.”
The court explained that “reference was made to the 2012 presidential election petition in which an application for interrogatories was granted by the Supreme Court.
The court argued that the 2012 election petition process cannot be applied in this case because it has gone through statutory amendments which have now brought into force—CI99.
Nevertheless, some of the questions Mahama’s lawyers were seeking the EC to ansewer were;
- As to whether NCA facilitated the transmission of results to the EC Headquarters.
- Practice in a previous presidential election involving the collation figures
- Was this practice followed?
- How were results transferred from constituency collation centres to regional collation centres?
- If the Dec 7 election was the 1st time EC introduce regional collation centres as an intermediary between constituency collation centres and EC head
- How did the EC and returning officer retaliate there say errors in the declaration?
- When did Mrs Jean Mensa realize there were errors in the December 9 declaration?
- Did the EC confer with agents before making the purported correction?
- Did EC gave FORM 13 to all the agents of the presidential candidate and did they all signed?
- Which date did EC chairperson post a copy of FORM 13 at the headquarters of the 1st respondent headquarters?
- Did the EC realize any computing errors